Durdin & Forgie Family Funeral Directors have a flexible pricing structure, which allows families to choose from a range of services and options.
Some people prefer to obtain information on services, options, and prices before engaging a funeral director. All of our offices have trained funeral staff ready to provide obligation-free guidance and advice.
Our specialist Funeral Directors will provide you with an itemised fee proposal, outlining all of the services and costs involved with the funeral that best reflects the life of your loved one and your family’s needs.
To talk with one of our Funeral Directors simply contact our office.
There are generally four main costs associated with a funeral:
Professional service fee + cemetery or crematorium costs + choice of coffin + other optional choices.
Professional Service Fee –
$3,976.50 Incl. GST
Our Professional Service Fee incorporates all of the tasks and services involved in arranging, planning and conducting the funeral, including:
- Guidance, expertise and care from a team of experienced, professionally trained staff (available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- Transfer of the deceased from the place of death into our care. (24 hours)
- Provision of chapel, hearse and mourning cars (if required).
- Placement of death and funeral notices in the newspaper/s and on our website.
- Making arrangements with the cemetery/crematorium.
- Liaising with clergy or a civil celebrant.
- Liaising with the florist, caterer, musician and other service providers.
- Provision of all necessary staff and hearse on the day of the funeral.
- Use of chapel facilities for the service and viewing (if required).
- Full mortuary care including fluids preservation (if required)
- Production and copy of DVD photo presentation (30 photos)
- Custom memorial book and candle
- Provision of rosemary tributes (if required)
Durdin & Forgie Family Funeral Directors offer a variety of service options, all of which allow you and your family to tailor them to reflect your individual, personal, cultural and religious requirements. Simply ask for full details and prices.
If you would like to discuss alternate service options please feel free to talk to any of our funeral directors who will be happy to tailor something to your personal needs.
Coffin or Casket – At Cost. Starting from $770
The price of a coffin/casket* depends entirely on the construction/type, quality, finish and style that is chosen. View a sample of the coffin and casket range.
*If a custom size coffin is required, this larger size will not attract any additional cost.
Cemetery or Crematorium charges – At Cost.
These charges are set by the individual cemeteries or crematoria. You may already have a lease for a cemetery, though there may still be a digging cost or the lifting of the ledger to consider.
Other Fees – At Cost
There are generally a range of other services and fees, which are entirely optional, such as:
- Newspaper notices
- Orders of Service Booklets, Mass/Liturgy Booklets
- Floral tributes
- Clergy/celebrant fee
- Death Certificate
- Doctors certificates for cremation
- Cremation Urns
- No deposit required.
- A $440 account service fee is added to a 30 day account (if not paid prior to service).
- The $440 is fully deductible if the account is settled within the 30 days following the service.